Tuesday 12 June 2012

Stud earring storage =]

Hey you all lovely people,

Have you ever had problems with storing your studded earrings?? Like having them in a small box which makes it hard to finding the perfect pair, or when you drop them and have studs flying everywhere?? 

If you do, then this post might be something you would be interested in for I will show you a great storing method which would make it easy for you to find the right pair and also prevent them from losing.



I still remember when I was a bit younger, I have once had these racks with metal mesh on it and you can pock your studs through them and display them out, I honestly thought that they were the best invention then cos they are just so cute and it was like the thing that every girl wanted. But then through out the years I found out that I kept on losing the back studs of the earrings because it is hard to unstud them from the mesh and back studs end up flying everywhere. I then went through the stage of the container and that was a nightmare until one day I thought of this idea where I was actually inspired by stud vendors who sells stud earrings individually in Mong Kok.

What I am going to teach you guys is an easier and more personal way of storing these earrings but just like how the vendors do it. The whole process really only takes up around 15-20 minutes of your time depending on how big or how many you are making, it took me about 10 minutes to do mine for my container was relatively small. Instructions would be rather brief but at the same time quite self explanatory so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below and I am more than happy to answer them for you.


So let's get started!!

1. Get materials and tools that you would need:
    Materials
   - any container of your choice (best if it is relatively shallow but still deep enough for fit an earring vertically)
   - sponge that is big enough to be able to cut and fill the container (best if it is as dense as ones you use for cleaning)

    Tools
   - a pair of relatively good scissors
   - a pen
   - measuring tool (tape and ruler are both good)


2. Measure the dimension of your container: you would want to measure the width, the length and the height of the container, you would want to make the height of the sponge around 1cm shorter than the container to give room for the earrings.

3. Make the measurements on the sponge and cut it out: this is really the easy part, all you have to do it mark and cut the sponge. One good thing about this method is that you don't have to be very precise because sponges have air in it and it would give way even if the sponge is cute a bit too big for the container (it would obviously fit the container if the sponge is smaller than it)

4. Add the sponge into the container and start organizing your studs: at this point what you can do is just poke the ends of your studs into the sponge and they would sit there well and the sponge would reduce the chances of the earrings falling off too much if you drop the container. With this method you would need to find another place to store the back studs but then there really are only THAT many pairs of back studs that you would need because you won't have that many piercings. As you can see for my container, it has a few different levels and what I do is that I store all the back studs at the very bottom layer so when I am taking the container around, I would avoid moving the bottom layer so I won't lose any of them =]



Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this post and hope this post would have helped solving some of your problems!! TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND LIVE HAPPY!!!!




Until the next post, stay happy!

With lot's of love,
Janice <3

3 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea! I've been trying to think of a way to store my stud earrings in such a way that is portable and also keeps the backs in a good place. Where did you get your container?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got mine from the storage section of MUJI. It is quite perfect for storage really, since it has so many levels as well as it not being too deep for earrings :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! What kind of sponge did you use?

    ReplyDelete